Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 2: Chicago Marathon Training 2.0

Today I hit 6 miles, tracking my mileage with my Garmin 405 Forerunner.

Ann Arbor is really, really...hillacious.  In the good-bad way.  A good training regimen for any runner who would like to get in a strength workout without actually hitting the gym knows that hills do just that.

I haven't really read too much about hill training, but I know it makes flat races a lot easier.  But there is a downfall:  pace slowdown.


If you do too much hills without getting in your speed workout, you lose elasticity in your legs and they "forget" how to hit it hard and fast.  They get used to moving slowly.

And the next time you get on a hill...the second you start feeling tired and start slowing down.


Gun it.

No comments:

Post a Comment