Monday, August 13, 2012

Back in Houston: The Real Training Begins

Date
Workout
Mileage
Time (Minutes)
Comments on Workouts
8/11/2012
Insanity Asylum, Speed and Agility, + 4 miles
4
80
GREAT.  I can't do speed training anymore :[
8/12/2012
Insanity Asylum, Strength + 6 miles
6
90
Strength felt great, although I now know what it feels like to be a true blue runner.  No muscle
8/13/2012
Yoga X + 4 miles
4
110
OMG, WHY?  MY LEGS HURT!

So this has been my workout schedule for the past three days.  As you can see, mileage has significantly decreased, but time and intensity has significantly increased.

This is all part of my new phase in training.  Building strength, power, and endurance in my overall body--especially my legs because they need more plyometrics training to increase their elasticity (their ability to quickly strike the ground and spring back up like a rubber band).  The greater elasticity in the legs, the easier it will be for me to keep a swift/fast pace especially in the last 6-8 miles of the marathon, when muscles are tired and worn out).

I'll be sacrificing mileage for now, until around two weeks from now, when I should be able to hit 8-10 miles immediately after an insanity workout, if not completely do away with insanity workouts and just do general strength and add more mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment